Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Birthday Mama + recipe


Hello!

Hope all is well! :)

Today is my Mama's birthday and I made this card for her.....she LOVES flowers and the colour yellow! I've been blessed with the best Mama and only wish we could be together on this day. I haven't seen her in over 2 years! :(




I found my inspiration for this card on pinterest here! I used my Daffodils and Croatian Sentiments stamp sets. I coloured the daffodils with my Graph'it markers. I used some of my washi tape and stamped the sentiment (which means happy birthday for those of you who do not know Croatian :) ) onto vellum.






I'm not sure if  I shared this recipe here on the blog yet but it's a favourite with everyone and it's so easy to make and you can make it ahead of time because it's freezer friendly (I always have these in the freezer!) I found the recipe here. The only thing I do differently is I use puff pastry.


Well...that's it...I've got a busy weekend...my daughter and husband both have their birthdays and we're celebrating all weekend...wish me luck...I haven't even started yet!!!

xo

Pin It!

6 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Good luck! I'm sure your mom will love this card, hope all the celebrations/preparations go smoothly!

Unknown said...

Jane, this card is just stunning, an I am sure your Mum is going to LOVE it! Have a great weekend celebrating all your families birthdays! x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Enjoy your super busy weekend. :)

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous card..love how the black accents makes the yellow pop!

Thanks for the recipe share!

Kathlene said...

Just a beautiful card and perfect for a sweet mama. So sorry you haven't been able to be with her for so long...hope you can soon. She'll love this! Hugs, Kathy

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty card...love that chevron behind the bold flowers. Thanks for the yummy looking recipe.