Tuesday, September 15, 2009

first grade and the BIG 7

I can't help but get emotional writing up this post! My baby is in first grade and turning 7 on Saturday!!


I can only say that it's pure joy and torture watching them grow up! Slow down......please slow down and don't grow up so fast!!


I'll be very busy this week preparing for his party. I'm making these little treats for him to bring to school on Friday to hand out to his classmates.



I started last night and was fussing over the colours (gotta keep them neutral) etc when I reminded myself.....they are a bunch of 7 year old who will appreciate the 'pretty paper' for about 10 seconds before they rip into them to get to the good stuff!!!



After Marko's inspections (the one that's farthest back....you can see it's a little worn after Marko's poking and squeezing!! lol) he gave me the thumbs up on the design. I have to make 25 (one for Mia) by Friday!!



That's it for me.......have a great day!!
Pin It!

12 comments:

NinaB said...

What a good mom you are! I hear you...I just wish there's a pause button somewhere so my girls wouldn't grow up too fast. It'll be a very sad day when my youngest leaves for kindergarten. I'm thankful school only lasts half day here in Croatia.

Vanessa said...

Yes, slow down! Cute treats! Funny that you used TROLLI sweets! The company is seated in the town I live!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Kelly Booth said...

How Fun...they are going to Love them!! They grow up WAY to fast...kind of sad!!!

Rose said...

So cute, Jane! Your son is a handsome little boy! I'm sure his class will love the treats ;)

Jane said...

Thanks Rose....he looks EXACTLY like me.....only he's much much cuter!!!! ;)

Anita Rex said...

7 already! What a handsome little man! Cute little candy bags for the kids! I love kiki's! :> It's true you want to make something so specail for the kiddies but it won't last in there little hands!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Mmmm.. I would like one too please! :) So cute and yummy! What a sweet little boy...so precious! I don't want to even think about Carver turning 7.... I think I am going to have a hard enough time with 3!!

Stephanie said...

Aren't you a wonderful Mummy?!! & your baby is gorgeous - you should be very proud! xxx

Courtney Baker said...

Good luck with all of those! They are so cute. You're such a good mom. I can't wait to do that one day for my kids!

Traveling Mama said...

I will cry right there with you! I comfort myself with the thought of grandkids... the little ones will come back to me eventually! LOL! Oh, and I cannot wait to get my buttons! I'll let you know when the come!

Vicky said...

Great treat bags :)xx

alexx said...

oh kiki, the best candy in the world!