Thursday, July 16, 2015

throw back thursday

Hello!
I hope all is well!

I'd like to share a little 'throw back Thursday' with ya, I'm pretty sure I haven't shared these photo here on the blog...or maybe I did...oh well. I believe two years ago we visitied Zadar's Cathedral of St. Anastasia (built in the 4th and 5th century....hello!!!! Mind blowing history people). More specifically we climbed the bell tower and when you get to the top you get an amazing view of the beautiful city of Zadar.

Below you can see us making our way to the bell tower....how AMAZING are the cobblestone streets....how amazing I ask you!!?! :)




Again I look to Wikipedia! And this is what it says about the cathedral.

The Cathedral of St. Anastasia (CroatianKatedrala sv. Stošije) is a Roman Catholic cathedral in ZadarCroatia. It is the seat of theArchdiocese of Zadar, and the largest church in all of Dalmatia (the coastal region of Croatia).
The church's origins date back to a Christian basilica built in the 4th and 5th centuries, while much of the currently standing three-nave building was constructed in the Romanesque style during the 12th and 13th centuries. The site has been submitted to UNESCO's Tentative List of World Heritage Sites.







Climbinb up the very narrow staircase.




The bell is massive!







Don't worry...this is not on the top of the tower! LOL! 


My crew! ;)



Can't wait to visit Zadar in a couple of weeks! Yay!


xo
Pin It!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such lovely pics thanks for sharing with us.